According to the article at Mintz Levin, MAs star ratings come from these five categories:
- - Staying Healthy: Screenings, Tests and Vaccines (10 measures);
- - Managing Chronic Long Term Conditions (13 measures);
- - Member Experience With Health Plan (6 measures);
- - Member Complaints, Problems Getting Services, and Improvements in the Health Plan's Performance (4 measures); and
- - Health Plan Customer Service (4 measures).
Star Ratings come from a collection of information from these sources:
- - The Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set ("HEDIS").
- - The Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems ("CAHPS") Survey.
- - The Health Outcomes Survey ("HOS").
- - CMS administrative data, including but not limited to member satisfaction, appeals processes, audit results, and customer service.
- - Prescription drug event ("PDE") data submitted to the CMS by the drug plans (for Part D).
Do you agree with the new Star Rating System? What is the one thing you think needs improvement?